Since 1996 I work in the field of treatment wetlands and I've heard of all colors (this is an italian way of saying to express the fact that I have heard many speeches about TWs).
- I'm sure that the wetland's cells doesn't smell,
- I'm sure that the wetland's cells doesn't host wild animals that kill you
- I'm sure that mosquitos cannot live there
- You can walk on a vertical and horizontal beds; for the surface beds you need special boots or wearing the beautiful Hawaianas summer shoes
- The wetland system last more than 20 years if you manage them well
- They cost less than a traditional system (a little bit less but you have not the expensive management cost of the traditional systems)
- Floating wetlands are a good way to treat on site the wastewaters
- You can use local materials to build up the systems
- You can use local species to plant the beds
- Yes, it is true that the wetland needs land where build the beds.... but it is always better than a industrial area...
any other questions or opinions? help me to improve this list...
|"greetings from Hamman-Jordan"|